February 16, 2015

Become a Better Photographer

Have you ever asked a photographer how s/he shoots such great photos? I usually receive the answer, "Take lots of photos." I don't think I truly believed that answer until I worked on Project 365/2014.

No, I'm not a great photographer. But I did take several photos in 2014 that I like. And I shot many photos that I did not like.

What did I learn? I became better at composition, lighting, night shots, seeing details, creativity, and photo-editing.
Summer Lounge Chairs / Jo Schiffbauer / CC BY 2.0
I found that construction, big machines, clouds, hay rolls, and flowers are interesting.
Hay Rolls / Jo Schiffbauer / CC BY 2.0
I discovered that some shots look better in black-and-white than in color.


Night Lights and Snow BW / Jo Schiffbauer / CC BY 2.0
I have taken photos early in the morning and late at night. I shot a photo as I sat in my car as it moved through a car wash. I have used towels, blouses, throws, and scarves as backdrops for items. I followed a blimp to take some interesting photos. I took photos of floors, upholstery, coasters, and trivets.
Bamboo Hot Plate / Jo Schiffbauer / CC BY 2.0
I always have my camera with me. I use point-and-shoot and cell phone cameras. I keep a small tripod attached to the point-and-shoot and I have a small tripod I can use with the cell phone camera.


Was doing Project 365/2014 a good idea? Absolutely! Read about Project 365/2014 here... and view the photos here. Check out my thoughts about the project at Ten Photos... and Counting... (http://teachinginadigitalworld.blogspot.com/2014/01/ten-photos-and-counting.html).

Am I working on a Project 365/2015? Yes... with modifications. Read about the project here... and view the photos here.
Ducks Up Close / Jo Schiffbauer / CC BY 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment