|Connected Educator Month 2015|
Connected Educator Month (http://connectededucators.org/) is here again... and there are many opportunities to learn and to connect with other educators.
How can you participate? Why should you participate?
- Check out the Connected Educator Month calendar (http://connectededucators.org/calendar/) to discover the upcoming activities that you want to join.
- Help spread the word (http://connectededucators.org/supporter-toolkit/).
- Join the Book Club (http://connectededucators.org/book-club/).
- Use edConnectr (http://edconnectr.connectededucators.org/#), the new service to connect with other educators.
- Examine videos, links, and other resources (http://connectededucators.org/briefs/) to help you and your district connect all year long.
- Learn about other connected educators through their profiles (http://connectededucators.org/innovations/connected-educator-profiles/).
- Read the blog (http://connectededucators.org/innovations/).
- Listen to Connected Educators Radio (http://www.bamradionetwork.com/connected-educators/) on BAM Radio (http://www.bamradionetwork.com/).
- Get involved at the Connected Educators website (http://connectededucators.org/).
- Follow Connected Educator Month discussions on Twitter (https://twitter.com/) at #ce15
Educators around the world participate in professional development opportunities as part of Connected Educator Month. Developed by the U.S. Department of Education (http://www.ed.gov/) and its partners, this initiative offers activities to educators at all levels. The expanded partnerships and enhanced programming in 2015 should reach even more educators.
Highlights of Connected Educator Month in 2014 included:
- hosted 800 events during the month,
- mentioned on 6 million web pages,
- reached educators in 139 countries and
- every two days counted 15 million tweets.
For more information on Connected Educator Month check out...
- welcome videos from Office of Educational Technology Director Richard Culatta and Digital Engagement Strategist Sara Trettin for 2014 (http://connectededucators.org/welcome-to-connected-educator-month-from-the-office-of-educational-technology/) and
- the post (http://smartblogs.com/education/2012/12/07/building-connected-educator-month/) and video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOE2kWyhqMo) by U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan (http://smartblogs.com/tag/Arne-Duncan) (who hosted his first Twitter (https://twitter.com/) chat as part of the 2013 celebration).
- Lots of Good Information for Educators This Month (http://teachinginadigitalworld.blogspot.com/search/label/%23ce14)
- Connected Educators Benefit From and Inspire Others (http://teachinginadigitalworld.blogspot.com/2014/10/old-school-room-catherine-snodgrass-cc.html)
- Connected Educator Month. All month. All free. All around the world. (http://teachinginadigitalworld.blogspot.com/2014/08/connected-educator-month-all-month-all.html)
- Good Opportunities for Learning Online (http://teachinginadigitalworld.blogspot.com/2013/09/good-opportunities-for-learning-online.html)