|Ponder by F Delventhal (krossbow) / CC BY 2.0|
Connected Educator Month begins October 1. Topics include collaboration, Common Core State Standards, community-building, connected learning, networking, open educational resources, professional development, how to use technology, new and emerging technology, 21st-century skills and NETS, and many more in a variety of event types such as blogs, MOOCs, podcasts, Twitter and online chats, more than 100 webinars, and more.
- Read about Connected Educator Month at http://connectededucators.org/
- Peruse the scheduled events at http://connectededucators.org/events/
- Read about the kickoff event at http://connectededucators.org/kickoff-event-cem-opening-celebrationgala/
- Learn more about this special month from one of the folks responsible for making it happen at http://www.stevehargadon.com/2013/09/connected-educator-month-kickoff.html
The 2013 K-12 Online Conference begins October 21. The strands this year are Open Learning, Outside Learning, Leading Learning, and Building Learning. Shannon Miller, Steve Hargadon, Audrey Watters, Kathy Cassidy, Larry Ferlazzo, Sylvia Martinez, and Gary Stager are speaking. And they are just the keynoters! Many other educators who are doing interesting and exciting activities with their students as they learn are also sharing their experiences and their ideas.
- Read about the 2013 K-12 Online Conference at http://k12onlineconference.org/
- Find out who's presenting... and about what... at http://k12onlineconference.org/?p=1273
- Watch presenter Kelly Dumont share his concerns about creativity in an age of standards at http://k12onlineconference.org/?p=1398
- See (and hear) about Fugleflicks from presenter and art teacher Tricia Fuglestad at http://k12onlineconference.org/?p=1392
Hope I see you at the conferences!