|Portfolio / Christine H / CC BY-SA 2.0|
Portfolios serve a variety of purposes:
- working portfolio
- contains current projects and/or ones recently completed
- display portfolio
- contains samples of the student's best work
- assessment portfolio
- contains work that illustrates that the student met learning goals.
In the days of paper portfolios the containers were usually notebook binders. Today they are more likely to be websites.
|The e-Portfolio Process / Jen Hegna / CC BY-NC-SA 2.0|
These containers have been recommended by teachers using portfolios in their classrooms:
- Live Binders (http://www.livebinders.com/)
- Three Ring (http://threering.com/)
- Blogs (WordPress or Blogger) (https://wordpress.org/ or https://www.blogger.com/)
- Wikis (Google Sites) (https://sites.google.com/)
- Mobile apps (see iTunes Store) (https://www.apple.com/itunes/)
What applications have worked well for you as containers for portfolios?