April 6, 2014

Photography Resources for Smartphones and the Classroom

Smartphone Shoot / itchys / CC BY-NC-ND 2.0
  
"The best camera is the one you have with you."   Chase Jarvis

The cameras most of us have with us most of the time are our smartphones. While modifying a photography unit I decided that I should add some helpful resources for working with smartphone photography.

 




Each of these videos provides useful ideas for taking photos with smartphones.

Muck Farm / Phil and Jo Schiffbauer / CC BY 2.0

Photo Apps / Jo Schiffbauer / CC BY 2.0
Can we talk about smartphone photography without discussing apps? I think these recommendations are worth reviewing.
_____________________________________

Of course, I want to include some ideas about using photography in the classroom. 
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_oALYl_lC
Flickr Badges / Alexander Kaiser / CC BY 2.0

  • Using Flickr in the Classroom
    • Have students curate a gallery
    • Access Flickr's special collections
    • Photos taken on phones can be emailed to Flickr using Flickr mail

Pinterest has some good resources for using cameras in the classroom.
_____________________________________


The photography apps I am currently using are the following ones.

on my smartphone... 
on my computer...
online...
_____________________________________

What would you suggest that I share with teachers about photography and about cameras in the classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment