This snapshot of an Inspiration diagram has gone through several versions and multiple purposes. The current version (TLT 2013.isf) attempts to describe the knowledge, skills, and habits of a technology-literate teacher. I prepared the diagram with my pre-service teacher education students in mind.
The main idea (Technology-Literate Teacher) can be clicked to hear a spoken comment about PLNs and being a lifelong learner. The main idea also has a note that lists the components of the diagram.
The lead symbol in each section (Professional Development, Hardware, Software, Network, Social Media, and Technology Integration) provides a note with a summary of information about that topic.
At least one of the symbols in each section is linked to a website. Some of the websites include videos.
- PLN: http://www.teachingvillage.org/2012/01/03/what-is-a-pln-anyway/
- Mobile: http://www.educatorstechnology.com/2013/01/the-best-8-tablets-for-teachers.html
- Applications / Apps: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_software
- LAN: http://www.networking-basics.com/lans-and-wans
- Digital Citizenship: http://www.edutopia.org/blog/film-festival-digital-citizenship
- SAMR Model: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us0w823KY0g
- Technology Integration Matrix: http://fcit.usf.edu/matrix/matrix.php
- Technology-Literate Teacher: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHelzy1shAA
What changes would you make?