February 15, 2014

Clickers in the Classroom

Remote Controls / Duncan C / CC BY-NC 2.0
Clickers. No, no, ... not to change channels! Clickers... in the classroom... to engage, to assess, to promote discussion. Physical clickers. Virtual clickers. And pedagogy designed to make the use of those clickers in the classroom effective.

Clickers / Neil McPherson / CC BY-ND 2.0
I've used Storify again (see previous post) to gather and publish some current materials to introduce my students to using clickers in the classroom. I have examined this Storify post three different ways so I can decide which works best in this blog: first as a slideshow, second in a grid, and third in the default style.

After viewing these three template options--slideshow, grid, and default--I definitely prefer the default choice. The slideshow is minimal in its use of space, but if I use it I need to edit some of my comments so they are not so long. The grid option displays only one of the components of my Storify story about clickers. That's not acceptable. The default template shows the complete story. It takes a lot of space, but everything is included and nothing is chopped off. Default it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment